TERMS & Conditions
escapekillarney.ie is operated and owned by Glebe Games Ltd, Holly Lodge, Mill Road, Killarney, Co Kerry. Company Registration Number: 625594 Phone (+353) 64 66 34551 Mobile (+353) 85 850 9 085 Vat number: 3541040KH ,Public Liability Insurance Policy No: B0168-P-2017-00036
With your consent, Escape Killarney will take a photo of your team after the game and post the photo on our website, Facebook and/or other social media.
2. WEBSITE USE AND SECURITY 2.1 The website http://www.escapekillarney.ie is owned and operated by Glebe Games Ltd. The company holds the right to amend or vary these Terms and Conditions including any of the contents of the website from time to time at its sole discretion without prior notice. 2.2 The hereinafter terms apply to the use by any visitor of the escapekillarney.ie website and should be read carefully before any use. 2.3 Escape Killarney does its best to supply you with the most current and accurate information on its website. 2.4 The Escape Killarney website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information obtained from this website. 2.5 You are not permitted to link to or use all or any part of the Glebe Games Ltd website for any purpose which is fraudulent, unlawful, defamatory, harmful, obscene or objectionable. 2.6 You accept that the Internet is not fully secure. Escape Killarney will take all appropriate steps to protect the security of any payment card information though Glebe Games Ltd shall not be liable for any damages that you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information. Online payments are being processed by Stripe. 2.7 Glebe Games Ltd shall not be liable to any person for any direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including (without limitation) lost profits or revenues, loss of opportunity, costs of replacement goods or services, loss or damage to data or business interruption, arising out of any use of the website.
3. GENERAL 3.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to affect your statutory rights. 3.2 The games are designed for teams of 2-6 people. 3.3 Glebe Games Ltd can accommodate a maximum of 12 players at any one time. 3.4 The trademarks and logos displayed on the website are the property of Glebe Games Limited. You are not permitted to use these without the prior written permission of Glebe Games Limited and you accept that any such use may constitute an infringement of the relevant proprietor’s rights. 3.5 These terms and conditions and any contract concluded incorporating these terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and all disputes shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts. 3.6 All the terms of any contract are included or assigned to within these terms and conditions. 3.7 The Escape Killarney website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. The operation of those websites is out of Escape Killarney control and you use them at your own risk. 3.8 Due to a limited reception area, Escape Killarney recommends teams to arrive on time, no earlier than 10 minutes and no later than the beginning time of the booking. 3.9 Due to the nature of the game, no photos or recordings may not be taken inside the room/rooms. Lockers are provided for personal belongings, however these are stored at the owners own risk 3.10 Glebe Games Ltd expects visitors not to disclose any details or solutions of the game directly or indirectly to the public in any format. 3.11 Escape Killarney will not be responsible for loss of or damage to your personal belongings. 3.12 Escape Killarney is entitled to charge the guests for any damage which is intentional or caused by misuse of items. 3.13 Escape Killarney reserves the right to retain your credit card and/or debit card details and charge or debit such amounts as it shall in its sole discretion deem fit on the said card(s) to compensate or make good the loss, damage, costs or expenses incurred or suffered by Escape Killarney as a result of the aforesaid. 3.14 While you are on our premises, you must ensure to conform to our codes of conduct and game regulations, adopt proper standards of behaviour and cooperate with our employees having security responsibilities. 3.15 Escape Killarney will not tolerate any kind of bullying, Guests who are under the influence of alcohol and or harassment towards its employees. In this event, Escape Killarney staff reserves the right to suspend the game and/or deny entry or indeed stop a game.
4. BOOKINGS 4.1. Bookings must be made via the online booking system on Escape Killarney website. Special booking and deposit arrangements may be made for parties, special events and team-building events via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). 4.2. Only person(s) who are at least 16 years of age are permitted to book a Game. 4.3. It is your responsibility to check that any Game issued to you is accurate including time, date and game. 4.4. Any purchase of a Game is only valid when processed by Glebe Games Ltd. 4.5. If you wish to transfer your Game(s) into someone else’s name, you must contact Escape Killarney by email (email@example.com) at least 1 week before the start of the game. Escape Killarney may refuse this facility. 4.6. Games may not be transferred or resold for commercial purposes or at a premium. If a Game is transferred or resold it is in breach of these conditions, the bearer of the Game or the person claiming the right to attend the event will be refused admission to the game. 4.7. You are entirely responsible for entering your details correctly in the Online Booking Form. By submitting an Online Booking Form you warrant to Escape Killarney that all details supplied by you are true and accurate. 4.8. You will receive the confirmation of your booking via email only. Escape Killarney does not send confirmation via post or text message. 4.9. A booking becomes a no-show and entry will be declined if the team is late by 15 minutes or more. In such a situation, the deposit or full payment made is non refundable and the booking is not changeable. The entire payment of the booking is owed to Glebe Games Ltd. 4.10. The booking system is not owned by Glebe Games Limited. It is being provided by an external partner - Bookify. Escape Killarney shall not be liable to any person for any direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including (without limitation) lost profits or revenues, loss of opportunity, costs of replacement goods or services, loss or damage to data or business interruption, arising out of any use of the booking system.
5. CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES 5.1 Any changes to your booking should be sent by e-mailing Escape Killarney to firstname.lastname@example.org It is possible to modify your booking up to ONE HOUR before your scheduled game time. 5.2 You will receive a full refund if your booking is cancelled more than ONE WEEK before your scheduled game time. 5.3 If your booking is cancelled at least ONE WEEK before your scheduled game, you will be refunded 100% of your deposit. 5.4 There will be no refunds of deposits on bookings that are cancelled less than ONE WEEK before the scheduled game time. 5.5 There will be no refunds for no-shows. In the case of less people attending the event than it is booked for, the price difference will not be refunded. Please note, only one reschedule is permitted per booking/bookings once outside the cancellation policy period. 5.5A. Due to the nature of live escape games, we ask that the cancellation policy is used with prudence. 5.6 If a group or member of a group is late for more than 15 minutes of the original time of your booking, the reservation becomes a no-show automatically and you will not be able to start your game. 5.7 Re-booking a new time slot will be at your own expense and according to current availability. 5.8 If Escape Killarney cannot run the game as scheduled due to technical, operational or other reasons, the booking will be cancelled. In this case, Escape Killarney will offer to re-schedule the game. A full refund will be offered should the re-scheduled slot not be to the satisfaction of the customer.
6. PRICES AND PAYMENTS 6.1 The price (including VAT) of a game is stated on the Escape Killarney website on the “Our Rooms” page. 6.2 The price is set according to number of people in a room (2-6 persons). 6.3 In the case of less people attending the event than it is booked for, the price difference will not be refunded. Escape Killarney recommends booking less people for a game than expected to avoid being charged for guest who do not wish to attend. 6.5 If more people are attending the game than it is booked for (up to 6 persons) the price per person may change slightly. 6.6 Full payment is required at the time of booking. Visa, MasterCard & AMEX cards are accepted. 6.7 Any outstanding amount is paid when you have completed the game. Visa, MasterCard & AMEX cards are accepted to settle the outstanding amount. 6.8 We accept cash payments and or cheques with prior arrangement.
7. FORCE MAJEURE 7.1 Except where otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, Escape Killarney regrets that we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of ”force majeure». In these terms and conditions, ”force majeure» means any event which Escape Killarney cannot, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
8. SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT (RISK AND INDEMNITY) 8.1 At Escape Killarney we have made every effort to ensure that your experience is safe and enjoyable. However, all adult participants will be required to sign a waiver assuming all risks of participation in the game for both themselves and any minor children in their care. 8.2 Children under the age of 11 are not permitted to participate in Escape Killarney. 8.3 An adult must accompany children between the ages of 11 & 16 at all times while in the Escape Killarney. 8.4 Everyone under 18 must provide a consent form signed by their appointed guardians. 8.5 Each Escape Killarney player will receive instructions before their game by their assigned Game Master. After learning the rules of the game, each player will participate in the game at their own risk. 8.6 Escape Killarney is not liable for any (personal or equipment) damages caused by game room misuse or not following the rules described before the game. 8.7 People under influence of alcohol or drugs will be turned away and their game stated as ‘no show’. (full payment is due in this case) 8.8 Escape Killarney reserves the right to refuse entry without explanation. 8.9 Drinks and food may not be brought into the Game Rooms. 8.10 To be admitted you must confirm the full name of the booker and might be asked to confirm phone number and email address. 8.11 One adult can have a maximum of 5 children aged between 11 and 16 years of age under their supervision at the Escape Killarney at any one time. 8.12 While collecting and examining props and artefacts are part of the Escape Killarney experience, removing any object from the room, intentionally breaking or damaging and contents of the room is forbidden. Damage or removal of props or artefacts will result in an immediate replacement charge. 8.13 No photographs, video or sounds recordings in the room are permitted in any form. 8.14 Escape Killarney recommends customers to wear comfortable clothing for the duration of their game. We recommend flat shoes. High-heeled shoes are not recommended.
9. CONTACT 9.1 If you need to contact Escape Killarney you can do so using any of the following methods: - Email: email@example.com, Post: Glebe Games Ltd, Holly Lodge, Mill Road, Killarney, County Kerry Company Registration Number: 625594, Phone (+353) 64 66 34551, Mobile (+353) 85 850 9 085 Vat number: 3541040KH, Public Liability Insurance Policy No: B0168-P-2017-00036